Luke’s Timeline

October  6, 2020: Jerry found and rescued Luke at the entrance of the town of Elloree in South Carolina he was surrendered by his owner to Jerry. Jerry contacted Brandy Beach Hudson with For Love of a Paw (referred to as FLOAP remainder of this document). The white dog in the below text is Luke. Brandy was at work when Luke was rescued and surrendered to Jerry. Jerry initially was working with Brandy to find Luke a good home. However throughout the rest of Luke’s timeline it is laid out that a foster could not be secured and we decided to be Luke’s forever home.

October 7, 2020: Brandy took Luke to his first vet visit at Santee Animal Hospital. Luke is being treated for heart worm, a skin condition to include hair loss, severe itching, redness and tenderness in which he was prescribed medications by Santee Animal Hospital to include Prednisone and doxycycline. Luke also escaped FLOAP and Jerry rescued a second time and returned him to Brandy.

October 8, 2020: Brandy sent a pic of Luke and Jerry enquired if he had a bath yet and Brandy stated he had not had one yet.

October 9, 2020: Brandy started a fundraiser on Facebook and stated in a text “They had raised over $1,000 for him so far. Which is wonderful.”

October 12, 2020: Luke escaped again FLOAP and for the 3rd time Jerry rescued Luke but this time brought him home. He had been in the care under Brandy for 6 days and being treated for a skin condition to include hair loss, severe itching, redness and tenderness and suppose to be taking prednisone and doxycycline however never given a basic bath. When he was brought home we bathed him with medicated iodine shampoo we purchased for Luke. Jerry also reminded Brandy of his leg pain and limping and needing treatment for it. That he is hopping and seems in pain. Sent Brandy a picture of Luke after his first bath. 

October 13, 2020: Jerry texted Brandy asking about a foster home for him and asking why she was avoiding him in regards to Luke needing care for his limp.  No response from Brandy.

October 14, 2020: Requested a phone call from Brandy

October 15, 2020: Food and vitamins left for Luke on porch at FLOAP

October 18, 2020: Sent a pic of Luke sunbathing to Brandy

October 24, 2020: Tammy transported Luke to his vet appointment at 4pm at Santee Animal Hospital. Veterinarian asked Tammy id she had been given the medications prescribed to Luke: Prednisone and doxicyline in which it was given to Brandy on October 7, 2020 veterinarian appointment. Luke at this point had been in our care since October 12 (12 days) and Brandy never gave us his prescriptions. Vet at Santee Animal Hospital Stated she would prescribed prednisone and doxicycline as if he never took them since we never received them from Brandy. The vet also prescribed him.

A medicated shampoo to be bathed every 3 days 2 times a week. In which we did. 

October 29, 2020: Brandy texted Jerry and asked if we were going to be able to still let him be adopted by another family and at this point Jerry said yes to a good home only.

November 5, 2020: Jerry sent Brandy a pic of Luke sleeping in a chair and requested food for him. 

November 6, 2020: picked up food at FLOAP. 

November 9, 2020: Jerry sent a pic of Luke and requesting a phone call from Brandy via text. She continues to not to answer phone calls. Brandy texted Jerry back and stated she will call him at 7 pm however at 7:36 pm Jerry texted again and asked if she was free. Again no response no return call as promised in the earlier text message. 

November 10, 2020: Brandy has another excuse for why she didn’t call when she stated in a text on November 9, 2020 she would call at 7 and didn’t. 

Jerry asked Brandy for the prescriptions for Luke’s skin disorder that he was prescribed at the first vet appointment that Brandy took him to at Santee Animal Hospital. Jerry explained that Luke completed both his prescriptions he was prescribed on October 24, 2020 however his itching and biting/chewing his skin 24/7 again and that his skin is very red and inflamed and he explained he doesn’t want Luke to lose what hair he has worked so hard on to grow on Luke. Jerry sent a picture of the prescriptions that Brandy should have had.

Brandy texted back and stated she would look for them and didn’t  contact us back. 

November 11, 2020 Jerry followed up again with Brandy via text asking again if she found the medications for Luke. Jerry also sent a picture of Luke’s inflamed skin. 

Brandy responded via text with an excuse stating she was in a car accident and would be out of commission for a few day’s. 

Jerry then asked Brandy if he should take him to Santee Animal Hospital. 

Brandy stated she had his prescriptions originally prescribed to Luke on October 7, 2020 given to her however had no car. Jerry again expressed his concerns for Luke and his skin that he is actually going backwards in his health and all the hard work to start hair growth on him. Jerry then asked Brandy via text should I contact FLOAP? Brandy responded I am FLOAP. Brandy then took initiative to contact Santee Animal Hospital for refills.

November 12, 2020: Tammy picked up refill for skin meds at Santee animal hospital

November 13, 2020 Tammy transported Luke to Santee animal hospital for his vaccine. 

December 3, 2020: only text initiated from Brandy inquiring about Luke and checking up on him his entire stay with us. Jerry gave a good report stating he is doing good, almost completed the second round of meds via text and stated Luke needed more dog food. 

January 3, 2021: Jerry requested phone call from Brandy at 3:55 via text.

January 4, 2021: Brandy responded stating she got help with adoptions and at this time Jerry stated to Brandy we were his forever home. She said that Niki would be in contact with us with the adoption paperwork and finalizing the details. 

January 29, 2021: Nicole Lynn Spear with FLOAP texted Jerry stated Luke would be going to Lake Marion Animal Hospital for his neutering, heart worm Injection, and a dental check February 1, 2021 at 8 am and she gave instructions for pre surgery.

February 1, 2021: Contacted Niki so she would have my phone number as a contact for Luke.

Lake Marian animal hospital was suppose to due a dental exam while Luke was already under anesthesia for the neutering per the text from Niki. However they didn’t and I notified Niki of this via text. 

-Tammy dropped Luke off at Lake Marian Animal Hospital at 8:30 am. Niki was suppose to meet me back at pickup after the procedure to fill out Luke’s adoption paperwork however she ran late due to another appointment somewhere else with another dog and confirmed this in a text message to Tammy. She further clarified it can be done at a later time though if she was running behind. 

Lake Marian Hospital did NOT send him home in a collar and gave no after care instructions 

It’s an hour drive home.

When Tammy got home his incision was oozing and Tammy contacted Lake Marian Animal Hospital at 4:45 pm they requested pics and Tammy emailed them to them. They instructed Tammy to wrap him in a shirt we tried that and was unsuccessful. Tammy attempted to make a cone and that was also unsuccessful. We slept beside Luke on the floor to help keep from licking his incision. 

February 2, 2021: Contacted Niki at 7:28 am  via text and email stating Luke was bleeding at the incision site also sent pictures of the incision. Niki instructed me to take him to Santee Animal Hospital. I transported him to Santee Animal Hospital at 9 am and they refused to repair the work of Lake Marian Animal Hospital and stated his skin and sutures needed to be repaired with suture. His incision needed to be redone. Santee Animal Hospital called Lake Marian Animal Hospital and Niki. Niki instructed Tammy to take him to Lake Marian Animal Hospital.  Tammy arrived at Lake Marian Animal Hospital at 10:30 am and notified Niki of my arrival. Niki confirmed he would be put to sleep to fix the stitches with suture as well as due his dental exam. 

However when he was brought out to the car he didn’t get put asleep and the skin was only repaired with skin glue and Luke had a cone put on. Tammy asked the vet tech Carly about the dental exam and she said she didn’t know anything about a dental exam however Niki stated she provided instructions for them to do one now 2 times. She looked at his teeth in the parking lot next to Tammys car and stated he had 2 exposed roots and 2 teeth needing to be pulled. Carly ran back in the office and came back out with a prescription of Clindamycin. To take twice daily until another dental exam is scheduled. 

February 4, 2021: Tammy had to transport Luke back to the Lake Marian Animal  Hospital for repair of his incision site. There was a foul smell and Tammy contacted Lake Marian Animal Hospital at 2:15 pm about it. They instructed Tammy to bring him back. I notified Niki that he had to return. I arrived at 3:27 pm. Luke was put under anesthesia a second time to repair with suture that we were told was going to be done on February 2, 2020 by Niki. They repaired it with suture and a drain in place to allow for drainage the veterinarian explained the skin glue didn’t allow for proper drainage and why he had issues with it staying in tact. However per Niki was suppose to have been done in the first place on February 2, 2021.

Luke was sent home with antibiotics and to discontinue the Clindamycin. I was instructed by the vet technician that the stitches were to be removed the following week and can be done when the appointment was made for his dental exam. Tammy shared this information with Niki via text message. However no appointment was made for Luke by Niki  and no one checked up on Luke’s recovery during this time. Jerry purchased medical grade iodine and cleaned the incision site 2 times a week.

February 16, 2021: Niki contacted me via text to notify me of his stitches to be removed and dental. I asked to speak to her via phone to express my concern with another appointment to pull teeth. His healing from his neutering was traumatic and this was the first good week he had since his neutering. Niki assured me it was just to examine his stitches and dental exam. No teeth would be pulled. 

February 17, 2021: I contacted Santee Animal Hospital at 1:41 pm to enquire about the dental work Luke needed done. I asked if they could use his records from Lake Marian and they said they could add it to his current record. I stated that we were going to continue his dental care there and we would be paying out of pocket.

Santee Dental Exam: $47

Routine Dental: $295

February 19, 2021: I transported Luke to Lake Marian Animal Hospital and dropped off at 9 am. He hopped back in my front seat. I didn’t know that would the last time I would see him. I never had the opportunity to tell him good bye or love on him a little more or to tell Nikki we had planned to take over his dental work because she had expressed that they like to take the dogs in groups for discounts and she further had explained that if we wanted to do that we could however it would be on our own. We had already had planned to do just that. I was unaware that that Brandy was removing Luke even though we were adopting and truly are at a loss. We had  Luke daily in our care. We took care of him, fee him, bathed him, seen his progress and his pain daily. We are essentially his voice and his advocate. We only had the best interest of Luke at heart and have done everything in our power to make him feel loved and cared for. The adoption was suppose to have been completed Feb 1 however Niki was late. We were made to believe by Niki that the paperwork was something could be done down the road per her text as well as in a message to Jerry her and Brandy were getting the paperwork together.

We have complete communication between all parties if ask for proof on our cell phones it can be provided for any clarification. 

All the issues with his neutering would have been prevented had a $10 cone been provided after his initial surgery. We did not ever want Luke to have to undergo more pain and extend his healing.

Jerry found Luke, rescued him and was surrendered to Jerry. Luke had to be caught on 3 different occasions to get him off the street (the above documented communications prove that, and the final time he was caught Jerry brought him home to keep him safe and has never left our care. He is part of our family and we miss him. We are just wanting to finish the adoption process of Luke as discussed and agreed upon in text messages and phone calls between parties. As stated earlier and discussed with Niki we will continue his dental care at Santee Animal Hospital in which they were made aware of this decision on February 17, 2021 of our intention to do so.

February 19, 2021: Tammy sent an email in regards to finalizing Luke adoption and retuning Luke home to the board of directors with For the Love of a Paw (Floap):

February 21, 2021: Tammy sent another email in regards to finalizing Luke’s adoption and retuning Luke home as well as requesting a meeting to the board of directors with For the Love of a Paw (Floap):

February 22, 2021 8:53 am: Jerry went to the store and as he drove by the dog side of FLOAP he stopped to take pictures of the deplorable conditions these dogs live in. They are left unattended throughout the day and night. Jerry then sent the pictures of the unsafe deplorable conditions of their operation in a text message stating we are taking to social media with everything.

10:22 am: Coincidentally within 2 hours of Jerry sending the above text and pictures of the unsafe and deplorable conditions Tammy received an email from Emily Barrus FLOAP stating they were in receipt of our messages and a response would be forthcoming with a reassurance the situation was not being ignored at 10:22 am.

7 pm Jerry and Tammy concluded there wasn’t going to be a response as we were led to believe we would receive from Emily on behalf of the Board of Directors and after driving by FLOAP with thinking we tipped them off that they may be cleaning up their mess at the dog side of FLOAP and sure enough that what was taking place in which the cleanliness of the facilities is important to the health of the dogs in their care it further shows deception on by the board For the Love of a Paw and Brandy because she was the one busily cleaning her facilities up.